Traffic Marshal (Banksman)
INCREASE YOUR CHANCES FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH OUR HALF DAY TRAFFIC MARSHAL (BANKSMAN) TRAINING COURSE.
WHAT IS A BANKSMAN COURSE?
Banksmen are operatives trained to direct vehicle movement on or around site. They are often called traffic marshal
CAN WE STILL USE BANKSMEN FOR REVERSING VEHICLE?
Yes, however only trained and authorised. There is a hierarchy of control which places segregation at the top. Banksmen should only be used in circumstances where other control measure are not possible.
HOW CAN WE KEEP BANKSMEN SAFE?
- Ensure that they are trained and competent to direct moving vehicles
- Provide a protected position from which they can work safely
- Provide distinctive “hi viz” clothing for identification
- Tell drivers that if they cannot see the Banksmen they should stop immediately
- Agree on the use of standard signals
WHATS THE PROBLEM?
Nearly a quarter of all deaths involving vehicles at work occur during reversing. Many other reversing accidents do not result in injury but cause costly damage to vehicles, equipment and premises. Most of these accidents can be avoided by taking simple precautions which will be explained during the courses.
TRAFFIC MARSHAL COURSE OBJECTIVES
- Health and Safety
- Construction law, regarding Traffic Management
- Who should be allowed on site
- Safety of vehicle access
- Hazard analysis
- Risk Management for directing vehicles
- Identifying Dangerous Manoeuvres (reversing)
- Safeguarding pedestrians and other staff where vehicle may be reversing
- Demonstrating the HSE code of hand signals recommended by HSE
- Legal obligations and responsibilities of employers and their employees
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safety signs
- Accident prevention
- how to plan the use of vehicle
The courses will be assessed in 2 ways:
PART 1: PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT:
Individual will demonstrate the correct knowledge for directing vehicle.
PART 2: THEORITICAL ASSESSMENT:
Multiple-choice question paper
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded a Traffic Banksman Training Certificate of attendance, ID card and Training manual.
LTS follows and teaches the hand signals as it recommended by HSE
For group booking and discount please contact us on 020 7476 1632 or 07891 628 004 or email us on email@example.com courses available during week days and week end.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes